Community Associations

The Trusted Experts for All Community
Association Insurance Needs

Providing community associations and condominium unit owners with tailor-made insurance policies for over 30 years.

Condominiums and HOAs have unique insurance needs. With so many entities to consider — unit owners, property managers, boards, management companies, maintenance employees, not to mention the structures themselves — the potential for liability is huge.

For more than 30 years, American Benefits has specialized in providing community associations and unit owners with tailor-made insurance policies. In fact, we are the largest provider of condominium insurance in Oregon.

We represent the major insurance carriers such as Safeco Insurance. That means our customers receive superior customer service as well as the broadest coverage at the lowest premiums.

Unit Owners

Condominium residents enjoy the perks of being part of a homeowners association, such as landscape maintenance. While they also receive some homeowners insurance coverage through an HOA, it often is not enough. Most times association coverage will not cover:

  • Personal property
  • Losses assessed by the association
  • Liability claims against the unit owner
  • High-value interior upgrades including granite, stone, tile and other designer craftmanship
  • Earthquake damage

We can help condominium unit owners pick up where their master policy leaves off. As experts, we know exactly what unit owners need to protect their personal investment and can pinpoint any gaps in a master coverage policy.

As the most experienced brokers in the business, we can answer any questions a unit owner might have regardless of whether they purchase an insurance policy or not.

Property managers

Property managers are responsible for protecting the community as well as its tenants. It is imperative to have a comprehensive policy that insures both the management company and the association.

Because of our extensive experience with condo association insurance coverage, our brokers have seen it all. We can offer our insight and expertise to help develop master insurance plans for the entire association. We also provide training for boards and property managers on insurable risks and how to choose the best association coverage.

We can provide tailor-made insurance coverage for a range of association types, such as residential condominium associations, homeowners associations and secondary/seasonal/timeshare associations that includes coverage for:

  • Property
  • Liability
  • Earthquake
  • Umbrella

Board members

ABI also offers professional liability insurance for community association directors and officers, including:

  • Defense costs for non-monetary damage claims for defending a board decision or action.
  • Liability coverage for committee members and other association members acting at the direction of the board in a voluntary capacity.
  • Protection of association funds from theft and embezzlement.

Call American Benefits today to set up an appointment with one of our brokers who can help with all of your community association coverage needs.

Interested in Working with Us?

Call Us Today at (503) 292-1580

Free, No-Obligation Insurance Quote
Get A Quote