The Claims Process
Damage to a unit is never ideal however knowing what to do in the event of a claim can make a difference with how smooth a claim can go. Below are some actions that can be taken to prevent future damage and making the correct notifications:
- Immediately contact the association’s property manager and/or board members to notify them of the claim. They may indicate further remedy.
- Contact the homeowner’s policies agent and/or file a claim under the policy.
- Contact a restoration company to help mitigate future damage. The property management company may be able to assist with this.
- The property manager and/or board members should reach out to the association’s insurance agent for further discussion and guidance.
- Take pictures and document the damaged areas. Having information such as claim numbers and contact information.
Following these simple steps can reduce the amount of stress in the event of a claims situation. Make sure to have contact information conveniently located for quicker responses.